St. Germain Gin & Tonic

I've been wanting to try St. Germain liqueur for a while now, but didn't want to buy a whole bottle before tasting it. I was pleasantly surprised today when I was stocking up on some liquor store essentials, I was offered a cocktail containing St. Germain. It was fantastic! It's an elderflower liqueur and I can't describe the flavor...it's really different and I knew right then that I needed to buy a bottle. The drink I tried had champagne, St. Germain and club soda. I went home and looked on their website to see what I could make, and I found this recipe - a revamped gin & tonic. It was awesome. I'm so glad I finally tried this out, and I'll definitely be experimenting with more drinks that use this fabulous liqueur soon!



St. Germain Gin & Tonic
St. Germain

1½ parts Gin*
1 part St-Germain
3 parts Tonic Water

Method: Combine all ingredients in a tall ice-filled Collins glass and stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Enjoy. Check mirror for halo. If halo fails to appear, substitute lemon wedge for lime.

* Preferably Plymouth, Hendrick's or a superb London Dry Gin

MacGourmet Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , ,